Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Road Warriors

This past weekend Matty and I went on one of our little adventures to pick up 3 Tulip Chairs that he found on ebay for 10 dollars!!! NOT EACH. ALL 3~!!!!!
 of course the only catch was we had to pick them up...so we drove almost all the way to Gettysburg to get them from Philly, which was pretty much a hike, but absolutely worth it! They are missing their cushions and need to be cleaned up (Matt will definitely hit these up with some steel wool and wax on the bases), but other wise they're in GREAT shape!

Two of them fit in the back of my Focus and here's a shot of Matty taking the lone trunk rider apart. he's so darn handy!

On the way home we found what was clearly was the BIGGEST GoodWill ever seen in this history of Goodwills!!!!! Of course we stopped!! Here's a pick of one of the "wings"... it was like a warehouse! The picture so doesn't even do it justice. It was like the Grand Canyon of GoodWills.





I really wish we had more time and more trunk space!! We came across these chairs that we really liked but have never seen them before. Anyone know what these could be??


I would definitely redo the cushions, but they were in pretty could shape, all four were available and they came with a table which I couldn't get a really good pic of because it was near some other furniture that no one would move away from long enough for me to get a good shot of. They could be Deco tube chairs but the cushions push them up a few decades. Please let me know if you have any itea! I love the shape, I'm just not completely sold on them. We got the number of MEGAGoodwill so if we decide to drive ALLLLLL the way back out to the boonies we'll know our journey wouldn't be in vain since they said they would hold them for us if we called them.

We did score on a few little things though:



I got this super cute souvenir Florida bowl, a yellow stoneware mug for work, and finally a non-cracked napkin holder to go with my camping salt and pepper shakers. Here's a pic of those:

I know that these are more late 60s early 70s, but they're too cute! This set was a promotional item for the St. Labre School for Native Americans which was founded in 1884 in Montana...I have a pretty decent S&P collection which I'll def have to post someday soon! I'm so proud of it!

We also got a hawaiian shot glass that says "suck em up" on it and. arrrrrrrrr, I hate it when they put stickers all over everything....but I love that white vinegar cures a case of the pricetag "stickies". ;) ....and Matty got a glass with a target on the outside that when you look through it, it aims at a spy on the inside. WEEEE! We love peep hole glasses!



Sadly,I had to pass on a few things namely a robin egg blue Melmac platter, with matching cream and sugar, 6 coffee cups, 2 bowls, and 2 plates. They were too far gone scratch-wise and surprisingly way too overpriced for their condition. =( I can't complain though, we've had a great couple of weeks!

Last week we scored 4 sweet Mies chairs!

and the week before that a Burke chair in WHITE!!!!???? I still can't believe it! SERIOUSLY! AND WITH THE MATCHING OTTOMAN!!!?? too crazy! I love you, New Jersey.

Matty's also been stoked on his Norman Bel Geddes Desk. Totally deco and in beautiful shape, it just needs striped and painted/ or coated. Here's a pic of a redone one. It reminds me of something out of a Detective Film Noir movie:


Anyway, I guess that's it for now! I'll post pics of stuff as we fix 'em up! Time to walk the piggies, find my leopard snuggie and enjoy the rain!I'll leave you guys with the most awesome pic of the weekend. Matty sitting on a Tulip Chair on the Mason Dixon Line. So glad we didn't get shot at

NITE!!
xxx
A

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love those tulip chairs. I can't believe what a steal they were. Nice finds. I pretty much love everything you scored actually.

    ReplyDelete